Monday, April 27, 2009

Momentum, Credibility, and Virginity

Quote du jour: Credibility is very much like virginity. Once you lose it, it is impossible to regain.

I figure in this case momentum is like credibility. I've got no time to exercise, but I can't let that stop me. I've got to keep moving or I'll go under.

So, here's the thing. I was going to find some good exercise routine to adopt. But who has time for that sort of thing? Not I, certainly. But at the same time I can't just stop, for that would be fatal. Entropy and lethargy and all those physic-y things would take over. The best thing I can think of is to do the Full push up challenge while I try to figure out what to do next. The important thing is not to lose momentum. Or to pretend that I have some momentum to not lose.

Exercise du jour:
Week 1 of the (full) 100 push up challenge
Day 1
(60 seconds rest in between)
Set 1 - 6
Set 2 - 6
Set 3 - 4
Set 4 - 4
Set 5 - 5

Week 1 of the 200 sit ups challenge

Set 1 - 15
Set 2 - 18
Set 3 - 10
Set 4 - 10
Set 5 - 14

The star is back! I dug it out of the closet and dusted it off. I do love the start of challenges, when I can get the exercise done before breakfast.


4 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

2 challenges at once? That sounds... challenging!

Sounds like you're off to a great start. Hooray for gold stars!

C said...

I totally need to try this again.

Millionth time's the charm, right?

The Merry said...

Xenia, maybe you should try the modified form of the push up challenge? It does a lot more good than I thought.
I mean, six months ago I couldn't do ONE SINGLE full push up. Today I did 25 before breakfast. (Granted, I take breakfast pretty late, and there were long rest periods in there, but even so...)

Crabby? I figured that the sit up challenge meant that while I was resting my arms from the push ups, I could be still /doing/ something.

BCB said...

I think you are insane.

In a very nice way.

firbiam: this is a typo. I'm sure blogger meant, "firm I am"