Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Merry and the big bad wolf

Quote du jour: The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again. - Erma Bombeck


No, that title does not refer to my beautiful German Shedder Dog.
Dog, not wolf... in case you're confused...

I mean that when I run trudge, I huff and I puff and I could probably blow your house down if I'm not careful. Another reason to hide inside my house and pretend that Orlando Manuel isn't lying to me about the pitiful excuse for distance. (I'm sorry, OM, you lyin' treadmill, but it does not take me 40 minutes to jog one single solitary persnickety mile.)


Exercise du jour: 40 minutes running
Oh hell. Need to turn this into an excuse du jour. And a feeble one at that. It doesn't sound very credible to say the Voices in my Head told me not to run tonight. If you think that sounds bad, try saying the cramps told me not to run tonight. See? Doesn't that sound even worse?

3 comments:

C said...

Why do men always lie?

Pretty puppy, btw.

The Merry said...

Thanks Xenia!

Theresa said...

Ya know, sometimes the excuse is for real. Cramps had me curled up in a fetal position during most of my pilates class a week or so ago.

Sounds like a legit excuse in my book!

Or as blooger says to any naysayers: phooffie