Saturday, September 19, 2009

If I tell you, then I'm going to have to do it. Right?

Grey day, grey rain.
Autumn crocus, and the leaves are starting to fall.
I think nature's trying to tell me something.

Feel like I should be storing away food for the winter, like those pesky squirrels. I'll devote the morning to Useful Tasks Around The House, but this afternoon I am damn well going to exercise. Don't know what I'm going to do yet, but Something.

Update du 8:21 pm: Took a walk in the woods, new woods that I've never experienced before. Not as aerobic as a jog, but alas her ladyship isn't up to jogging any more. At one point in the walk we came to a wide open grassy area, totally deserted, and I let her loose so she could run. Ten years ago, she would have seen the wide open greenery as an opportunity to run as hard as she could, just for the sheer joy of her physical strength and the chance to use it. Today, she romped alongside me for a few yards and then found an excuse to collapse, grinning at me. Oh well. At least she's still enjoying life. Not bad for a 12-1/2 year old German Shepherd.

7 comments:

Theresa said...

Yes.

The Merry said...

Damn.

Crabby McSlacker said...

What a great exercise choice. And love the picture, she looks so regal!

Theresa said...

Checking back, and well done! And, awww, what a pretty picture of Tanji.

McB said...

I'm with Tanji. I try to avoid those "opportunities" as much as possible.

furgi - Japanese exercise for pets

JavaChick said...

She looks happy. :)

Must plant some autumn crocuses.

BCB said...

Nature is trying to tell you to get a rake? Ah, but does She mean a garden rake or a Regency rake? Lowes or time travel? Choices, choices.

I see you and Tanji encountered a domesticated baby wolf on your adventure. Lovely happy creature.

And thankyousoverymuch for resuming your efforts to make me feel guilty for not doing all the things you're doing. Appreciate it. Really.

nialtr: close kin to "nature" -- but less annoyingly energetic