Monday, November 22, 2010

No way out Monday

demotivational posters - IN CASE OF FIRE
see more Very Demotivational


Goal of the month: Day 22 of the 30-day purge. I am seeing definite progress. Of course, I'm also seeing stuff scattered across the floor, but it's scattered in specific boxes that are designated to go to specific destinations. In other words, the short-term view is depressing, but the long-term outlook is promising.

Goal of the week: Okay, I'm going to try to compromise with the inner slug. Out the door by 8 a.m. That should be doable... right?
Believe it or not -- I did it!



Exercise du jour: Week 5 of the C25k. There, at least, I'm making progress. (I do hope writing that doesn't jinx anything.)

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Done! On the down side, it was a cold, windy, rainy, blustery day. They (y'know, "them") kept promising snow, so almost no one was out besides me. But on the up side, as I got back to the office I ran into a co-worker, an older man who is a super-fit veteran marathon runner. He was so proud of me getting out and running that he gave me a quick hug. Validation!

On the down side again, another kind co-worker gave me a ride to the Max tonight, because "they" had said it was going to snow. I didn't have the heart to tell him I needed the exercise. On the up side (getting sea-sick yet?) I stopped off at the grocery store, which was over a mile from home, and walked home.


HBBC Challenge:
Yoga - 1
Elliptical - 1
Walking to Max/work - 3
C25k - 2

2 comments:

messymimi said...

Good work, Merry! Sort and toss, and when it is gone, you will feel so much better.

Good for you on the exercise plans.

Losing 100 said...

Tossing stuff is the best. I love feeling so organized. It always amazes me how much stuff I have that I don't need, didn't know I had, and can't remember why I ever bought it.