Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Back in the saddle again...

A bit rusty, but I'z back in saddle again

Quote du jour: I'm afraid sometimes you'll play lonely games too, games you can't win because you'll play against you. - Dr Seuss

I haven't been on the bicycle in months. It's not as if the roads are icy, so I don't really have a decent excuse. I just didn't feel ready. Have to be organized to commute by bicycle. Have to pack clothes to wear at work, find clothes to wear while cycling, get up early enough so that I can cycle in and still get to work at a reasonable time...

Exercise du jour: Cycle a measly 8 miles. That's not too much to ask. The real challenge is getting the brain and body to grasp the concept of getting up and pedaling away in the dark. Once I get on the bicycle, it's all easy. Well, easier. Here I go.
Done! Well, most of it. 6 miles. But I allowed the star for getting up when it was cold and dark and pedaling toward a distant and coldly beautiful sunrise. Did I mention it was cold? Just checking.*

*I probably shouldn't complain, since it wasn't much below freezing and that's balmy compared to some people's weather. But I bet they didn't forget where they put their gloves.

8 comments:

C said...

We must be on the same wavelength. I just took my bike in today to get the brakes fixed after two months of dithering and disuse. I don't look forward to how sore my bottom will be after the first ride. God that sounds filthy...

Good luck and be safe!

The Merry said...

Dithering and disuse about sums up my attitude too. Saddle up!

Spilling Ink said...

I've been cycling to work for some time and I love it but as you say, on has to be organized.

Be safe and take care!

messymimi said...

Once you've done it, you'll feel better. Good luck.

Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles said...

I was just thinking of busting out my bike, too. Great minds must think alike.

Retta said...

Wow... cycling in freezing dark weather. My hat's off to you!!! Great job.
Loretta
=^..^=

JavaChick said...

The kitten in that picture is adorable. I want one.

Yes, you deserve a gold star for getting up in the cold and dark and heading out there. I wouldn't do it and you can't make me.

Losing 100 said...

Wow! Cold, and early morning. My two least favorite things. Good Job!