Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Kung-Fu/Jesus approach to a job search

Quote du jour: Most self-made men worship their creator.

One way to tell when a man thinks he's God is if he speaks to you in parables.

The job search consultant guy is trying to be helpful, I know. And he's got a doctorate in Psychology, so I'd expect him to try to respond to questions by starting with the psyche of the questioner. The disconnect is that I expect straight answers to my specific questions, while his responses are most often in the form of stories.

I suppose I should be grateful that he's not calling me "grasshopper" and telling me to go chop planks with the edge of my hand.

Exercise du jour: I want to do a whole hour of ellipticalling. No martial arts.
Done. Now off to set up an interview between Damn Knee and Mr. Icepack

3 comments:

messymimi said...

He sounds like a gem. (Insert eye roll here.)

Hope the knee feels better.

The Merry said...

I'm sure he means well. I just wish he would give a yes/no answer once in a while.

JavaChick said...

Gah. That sounds frustrating. Sometimes you really just need an answer.