Thursday, August 11, 2011

Shakespeare would never have made it as a hiring manager

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy! And I've got claws.

Quote du jour:
Let me have men about me that are fat;
Sleek-headed men, and such as sleep o' nights.
Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look;
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.
- Shakespeare, Julius Ceasar Act 1 scene ii


You have to look good in a job interview. The lean and hungry look is in. It's sleek, it's chic, it's ... not my style.

Went shopping for an interview outfit yesterday. Was thinking they really should post those suicide hotline numbers in dressing rooms. Maybe I should spend the next week concentrating on the three Cs: carrots, celery, and cabernet cabbage.

I’ll be glad when my knee is strong enough to do serious exercise.

Exercise du jour: 30 minutes on the elliptical. I'm getting there, damn it.
Done! Plus 10 minutes stretching Damn Knee afterward.

4 comments:

messymimi said...

According to some, he wouldn't pass a college course on his own words, either.

Glad you got in the exercise.

Anonymous said...

Gah! "Interview Outfit" is just a horrifying thought. Best of luck to you Sweetie, but you might want to put cabernet back on the list, just in case the next adventure out for this quest doesn't go so well either. (Truly, I shudder at the idea of ME in such a thing... not you. I've seen you, you're adorable.)
Julie

McB said...

Well, I've heard that Shakespeare didn't write his own stuff. But market research indicated that stuff under his name sold well, so he licensed it out.

Anyway, don't worry about mirrors in dressing rooms. I've heard they lie. Just ask Snow White's stepmother.

Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles said...

Dressing rooms suck. But the good news is that you made me laugh out loud. Again. I'm not sure what line of work you are in, but I think you need to redirect your efforts toward being a writer on (a) Saturday Night Live or something like that (b) stand-up comedy or (c) perhaps a writer for a comedy sitcom.