Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pain but no gain

Quote du jour: History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
- Maya Angelou


Wow. After four days of increasing back pain, last night the agony suddenly decreased. I'm not free of it, but it's now so moderate that I feel as if I can have a life again. I actually slept last night! (The night before, every time I tried to doze, the pain would wake me up.)

Now I'm trying to figure out what the hell that was all about. What makes a body turn on you like that? I feel like someone who has owned a fat, lazy cat for years, the kind that lounges around waiting to be fed, only to wake up one morning to find that Fluffy has turned into a snarling Sabertooth tiger with a major attitude problem.

Still going to go Cold Carrot today. No food that has even the slightest inclination to aid the inflammatory response (e.g. anything with saturated fat) shall pass these lips. Might try a walk at lunch. I'm going to play it by ear. Back, as it were, to basics. But gently. Nice kitty, niiiiice kitty...

funny pictures - basement cat  EVOLUTION!!
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

I also lost another pound last night. Granted, I've gained and lost nine pounds in the last two weeks, so who knows how long this will last, but I am calling it a win.

Posted from DPad on my iPad

3 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

You should.....only kidding ya!

Muscles are a lot like cats so a backpain requires diplomacy. I hope your diplomacy keeps working.

EcoCatLady said...

I had an episode of muscle spasms in my upper back a few years ago, and the pain was really rather breathtaking... literally! I seriously found myself writhing on the floor begging for mercy. I called the doctor and she gave me a nice little round of muscle relaxants which helped spectacularly.

Never figured out what triggered it, but, knock on Formica, it's never staged a repeat performance.

messymimi said...

Yes, when i was younger, and something hurt, i told it to cut it out and kept going, and the joint or area in question obeyed.

Now, not so much.

Hope you continue to mend.