Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Eat to live, week 3

Quote du jour: I consider the 70s to be the youth of old age. So all you women out there who are afraid of getting older, just keep your orgasms in place, eat a lot of vegetables, take exercise, and you'll be fine.
- Betty Dodson

Finished the third week on the Eat to Live six week diet plan. Only lost a pound and a half this week. ("Only," she says.) I blame the pizza. (Yes, I could blame myself for lifting the pizza to my open mouth, but that's far less satisfying. Anyway, blame is boring. Done now. Moving on.) Had a little problem with the innards when I introduced ground up flax seed into the diet, but other than that the transition to eating high fiber has been amazingly stress free. I am pleasantly surprised.

Interesting note: Friday, the day of the Dreaded Pizza Encounter, was the first time in weeks that I felt hungry. I knew in theory that a diet of mostly rabbit food makes me feel full more than a high-fat low-fiber diet would, but this brought it home.

I'd eaten only low-fat food that morning to balance out the pizza, so I was quite hungry by lunch time. For about five minutes after I ate the pizza, I felt satisfied. Then I was hungry, a gnawing hunger that wouldn't go away until I ate a couple cups of lettuce. Then the stomach was happy, purring instead of growling. Damn. I really am turning into a healthy person.

Exercise du jour: 45 minutes elliptical, 15 minutes cleaning/organizing. Maybe if I post organizing up here, it will get done.

Posted from DPad on my iPad

4 comments:

messymimi said...

Wall Street Journal has a big article today about colleagues who keep you fat. You might buy a few copies and mail them anonymously to management and others in your office, but they would probably miss the hint.

Good for you for getting right back up on this horse.

The Merry said...

It would probably get buried under all the doughnuts, but it's still a good idea.

Shelley said...

Love that picture - Paco eats carrots and apples and watermelon...must be why he's so slim.

Sounds like this diet is working great for you - 1.5 pounds lost is good news in my book!

The Merry said...

Yes,I should have put a snarky emoticon next to that sentence :)