Friday, July 22, 2016

I'm allergic to small talk... literally

"In a startling discovery that raises fundamental questions about human behavior, researchers at the University of Virginia School of Medicine have determined that the immune system directly affects – and even controls – creatures’ social behavior, such as their desire to interact with others." https://news.virginia.edu/content/shocking-new-role-found-immune-system-controlling-social-interactions So if I'm not chatty, it's not my fault? I'll just blame my immune system.

10 a.m. -- Get up from my desk. 15 minutes ellipticalling
12 noon -- Get up from my desk. 30 minutes cleaning the house.30 minutes ellipticalling.
3:30 p.m. -- Get up from my desk. 30 minutes yard work.
4 p.m. -- 60 minutes ellipticalling.
7 p.m. -- 15 minutes ellipticalling.
I'm still having trouble with taking breaks, and walking away at the end of the work day. Working on it. This was a day of mostly Fail. I did clean the house for 30 minutes, and I managed 45 minutes on the elliptical. But I spent the rest of the day trying to get work done. I know it's dumb, but when I'm tired I still try to push on through instead of taking a break or a nap or something. As if sitting in a chair like an ineffectual martyr ever solved anything.
Luckily, I'm told tomorrow is another day.

3 comments:

messymimi said...

That's the good and bad of working at home -- the work is always there, and so is a bunch of other stuff to distract you from it. Hope the garden is getting some time in. gardens tend to become very fiesty when left alone too long.

The Merry said...

It's not so much a garden now... more of a wilderness.

solarity said...

After a lifetime of allergies I blame my immune system for everything.

Mary Anne in Kentucky